Happy Dussehra 2021: Vijayadashami also is known as Dussehra is celebrated at the end of Navratri, a day after Maha Navami oy Ayudha Pooja. On this day, Lord Rama killed demon king Ravana and the day is marked as Dussehra, originating from Sanskrit words where Dush means evil, and Hara means destroying. This Hindu festival is a celebration of good over evil. According to mythology, the festival commemorates Goddess Durga’s victory over the buffalo demon Mahishasura and also the day marks the victory of Lord Rama over the demon king Ravana. Traditionally, Dussehra is celebrated by burning effigies of Ravana, his demon brother Kumbhakarna and son Meghnad. Also, the idols of Goddess Durga is immersed in the water. Dussehra also marks the onset of preparations for the festival of lights – Diwali. In the year 2021, it was celebrated on 15 October (Friday). It comes next to Ayudha Pooja that was mostly celebrated in Tamil Nadu.
Happy Dussehra Wishes
- It’s time to celebrate the victory of the good over the evil. Let’s continue with the same spirit. Happy Dusshera!
- May God shower his choicest wishes over you and remove all evil obstacles in life. Happy Dusshera!
- May Lord Rama keep lighting your path of success and may you achieve victory in every phase of life. Jay Shree Ram! Happy Dusshera
- May your troubles burst away like the fireworks and your happiness multiply this Dussehra. Have a happy one!
- May this Dussehra bring you loads of joy, success and prosperity, and may your worries burn away with the effigy of Ravana. Wishing you a year full of smiles and happiness.
A time for celebration,
A time for victory of good over bad,
A time when the world sees the example of the power of good.
Happy Dussehra Quotes
- Troubles as light as air, love as deep as the ocean, friends as solid as diamonds, and success as bright as gold – these are the wishes for you and your family on the day of Dussehra.
- Dussehra is a festival of victory on bad elements in our lives.
- May Shri Ramji gives u all happiness and love to ur family.
- May God bless you with all success on the auspicious occasion of Dussehra, and may you be capable of defeating all evils of your life.
- Let’s celebrate an auspicious day to begin new things in
Happy Dussehra Images
Check out the latest photos of Happy Dussehra,
Stay Tuned with todayssnews for more Entertainment news.